Friday, September 3, 2010

Knock, Knock


Haaalo. I'm still alive! Yes! It's been...however long since I wrote anything because well,
A: I get online really late (apparently) and I'm just too tired to blog about...anything.
2: I...i'll admit.....have...have.....no interest in blogging at times! (There, I said it.)
D: I've been through that slum of no interest. We all go through that slum of no interest.....right?

But, I'm back! I'm back because I wanted to document this little time. Little milestone really.
You may (or may not?) know how I obliviously started photography as a hobby and then was thrown through the door of opportunity to all of a sudden realize, photography could be a career. Could be my career.
Way back, last Christmas actually, I was asked to take some couple portraits of this, couple. :)
It was my 3rd real photography job, but my first portrait shoot. I was thrilled! Jess is a family friend and I was so thankful to her for giving me this opportunity.
Just a few months later, February comes along and this couple goes from dating to engaged! The very next day after the engagement, I receive a phone call. It was Jess offering me another door. Another opportunity door. A wedding opportunity door!
I hopped right through.
Tomorrow night, my. 1st. wedding. kicks off. Sunday is the big day, but I'm starting with the rehearsal dinner and ending with the 2 of them driving away from their wedding. I can't wait! I'm ready. Yes, ready! (wink, wink, to some people. You know who you are.) I've got all the props, I've got all my lil assistants, I've done as much research as a person can do in 8 months.
Shot lists have been written and printed by the millions, and I've seen more wedding albums than any1 else in the world.
I've been to the official wedding site with Taylor and we've mapped it all out.
(Car ride to the wedding location. Oh,....that, was 1 fun ride.)
Oh, did I mention just how excited I am about where I am to be shooting? I didn't?! Well, here's just a sample of it:
Yea. Excited. Big time.

I'm even more excited to see what else God has waiting for me behind this door. If anything.
I'm so glad to be able to be getting this job. I hope it is in God's plan for me to have many, many more.
We'll see. I'll wait. I'm listening for the *Knock Knock*.
Ready.
(Really:)

1 comment:

  1. *Knock Knock* I love you and couldn't be more proud! Knock 'em dead, kid.

    ReplyDelete