Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Just Do It

It's (again) been that lag of time where I get motivated, get determined, think "I will blog everyday!", and then a week goes by.....then another.....Then I think "oh yea, I have a blog. Eh. Later.".....Then a few days go by....then bam! I come across something. Anything. Whatever it may be at that moment and, i'm motivated. "I'm gunna go write a post. Right. NOW!"

And, here I am!
Writing a blog post.
Right now.
Problem:
I got so in the moment that I....don't know what to even write about. You usually need a few more moments than bam! to come up with something. Soo......do you mind waiting? A few moments? Thanks. Ok....
Moment 1..... 2......3.......4................fi.....v...5.......AH!
I got it.
Inspiration. Motivation.
Why not?
SO! What inspires me lately? Well, what inspired this BAM! was, during my aimless scrolling up and down my facebook feed as if waiting for it to suddenly get interesting with each refresh of the page, (it doesn't) I came across one of my fav photogs link to her blog. Interest peaked and, I clicked. I went about 5 seconds before wanting to blog a post of my own. That worked!

As for motive? Well motivation in my recent life is a must thing that comes about every morning. You may remember way back here when I told some tales of Chandler and me embarking on running. That lasted...not very long. Well..I guess...eh...no. It didn't. We attempted to start again in the fall. Which was a fail. We chose the perfect worst morning to go start again. Temps in the teens with a side of rain. Yea. I think our lungs froze. I remember trying to pull my jacket over my mouth and nose while I was running, just so I could get some warm air in my lungs to somewhat 'thaw' them out. It didn't work. Whatever motivation we may have had was indeed, lost.
Until about 3 weeks ago. I honestly can't remember what made me even think about running again but I just wanted to go. Go try it again and stay with it this time. I set out alone this time. Chandler nicely expressed that she just simply did not want to go after the last frozen adventure.
So out I set, early 1 morning, just me. All was fine except that going it alone of course means, no competition. (Which I used to secretly looked forward to since I...ya know....always made it home 1st an all. Small achievements.)
If I was going to push myself it was going to have to be all me, all mentally. I switched up the original routes each day for the first week. Took different streets, ran or walked at different times, etc. All in all, I kept it random and unknown. This is not actually wrong and worked well....at 1st.
I started to think I was just swell for doing all this distance in this time and stickin with it....until 1 morning while I was out. There I was, blissfully walking my little comfort zone route until a woman about 3x my age passed by me, running. She actually went by me twice. Running. While I, walked. It was, embarrassing.....just a tad. So that was it. No more comfort routine. Time to grind. Competition, motivation, and inspiration combined into 1 and hit me. I set out the next morning with really no goal in mind. I just went. I found myself running where I was usually taking a walking break. I then found myself doing more running than walking. I was soon doubling the usual route and still having the energy to do more. I can't believe how little I did before that I thought was so much. HA! After about a week straight of the improved routine, I took my car out and drove my route, curious to put numbers to the "distance" word. I pulled into the garage very...surprised at the reading on the meter.
I found that in a week I went from walking more than running, to running straight out 2 miles and walking a 1/2 mile. "There's much to advance on still", I thought but, I was pleased and proud of myself for actually doing even that. I had to never forget to be pleased with the accomplishment but never be satisfied. There's always more to do.
This morning the total distance was 3.7 miles. I ran about 3 miles of that. I'm almost to 4 miles total distance. 4! What?!
What I love, is that I actually now look forward to the morning and going running. I like seeing what I can do and doing more. I like seeing myself get past the temptation of the constant "just stop at the end of this road for just a second" evil thought that comes when I'm ready to just give up. I love reminding myself at those moments how good it feels when you get to that goal, knowing that you, never stopped.
I'm my main inspiration. Main motive. I can't stop. I only hope i'm those things for others. That hope alone also encourages me, to not stop. Really, numerous things inspire and motivate me to keep going, and not stop. People, goals, good and bad situations, and that dark thing called failure make me, not stop.
(And also the fact that this is the lightest i've been since....I don't even know, and it's kinda awesome;) Even with all that, It still comes down, to me.
Thankfully, I'm determined:) No teen temp+rain day, cramp, or negative, motivation downer thought is really gunna stop me':) Not this time. This time i'm here to stay, to run, achieve my goals, and set higher 1's and always think,"You thought that was your best? Huh. Watch you do this."
:)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
1 other thing that I really could not do a run without, is this:

My ipod equipped with, a playlist.
Unfortunately my song choices are nearing the expiration date of interesting and motivating, but all the same, I can't run without music. I don't know if it's just me but, I tire just hearing how i'm breathing while I run.
Speaking of tiring I am going to give in to 1 thing right now: Sleep. I'm, tired. So, I'm off.
4 miles,
i'm coming to see you in the morning. Don't worry, I won't be there long. 5 isn't that far away and, it's waiting for me.
See you there:)

1 comment: